Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Day 3 - Phase 2 Diet and Cooked vs. Uncooked food weight


No cardio this morning. Yeah! Today's my "higher" carb day. Compared to my normal diet before RIPPED it's still very low carb though.

I weighed 220 lbs this morning.

Diet - Phase 2 / Option 1 - I finally get some carbs today. I could literally my mood and energy elevate as I was eating breakfast. Mostly from just one banana.
Cardio - High Intensity Sprints - These absolutely kicked my ass. I did 12 reps of 20 second sprints followed by 1 minute of "walking" on my exercise bike.
Weight Training - today is an off day.

It's really amazing the effect the extra carbs are having on me. I'm sore but I feel really alert and have tons of energy. I just finished meal 2 so the main difference is a banana and a potato.

I just realized that I've probably been following the diet incorrectly. I've been taking the given measurements as "uncooked" instead of "cooked" for oatmeal and rice. This significantly increased the amount of food I've been eating. That's probably the reason why I feel like the 175 lb. diet plan is enough for me and also why I find I'm not hungry for the 6th meal. The diet plan is a little unclear for rice and completely unclear for oatmeal. I'm going to play it safe and use the cooked weight from now on (I'm having meal 3 right now).

No comments: